Hi Everyone! Welcome to my cooking blog. Take a recipe, and leave a comment! I love feedback about changes YOU have made to what I post!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Peanut Butter and Jelly Pinwheel Cookies!

After some deliberation last Christmas, my cousin Katie and I decided that the cookie table needed some shake up! So, I put together some different cookies and these were a HUGE hit!


1 stick of crisco. (Butter/regular flavored)
1 cup of creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup of granulated sugar
3/4 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

2 1/2 cups of all puropse flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 cup of jelly. (flavor doesn't matter)
2/3 cup of finely chopped peanuts (*I omitted these at Christmas. I don't like nuts in my cookies)



Combine 1 cup shortening, peanut butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla.

Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Add gradually to creamed mixture at a low speed. Beat until well blended.

Cut parchment paper to line 11x17 inch pan. Press dough out to edged of paper. Spread with jam to within 1/2 inch of edges.

Lift up along the sides of the paper. Loosen dough with a spatula, roll up the dough in a jelly roll fashion. Seal the seam.

*Sprinkle the nuts on the paper, roll the dough over the nuts.

Wrap the dough in plastic wrap, place in plastic bag and refridgerate overnight.

Heat oven to 375. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.

Unwrap dough; cut into 1/2 inch slices. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.

Bake at 375 for 10 to 12 minutes or until set.

Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet, then on cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment