Hi Everyone! Welcome to my cooking blog. Take a recipe, and leave a comment! I love feedback about changes YOU have made to what I post!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Bread Bowl Lasagna

I had this fabulous dish at Za! Minnesotan in Forest Lake. I adored it and even took home my leftovers so I could pull this apart and figure out how to make it at home! It was easier than I thought!

For the bread bowl.

loaves of white bread. figure about 1/3 to 1/2 of a loaf per person I used 1/3 of a bowl and it worked perfect (1/2 will make a large bowl). I took the bread dough out of the freeze and let it thaw for around 4 hours. After that I seperated the loaves in to 3 sections and formed them in to balls. I let them rise in a warm place for about an hour covered with both a piece of saran wrap sprayed with cooking spray and a dish towel. Before I baked the bread bowls I squished them just a little so they wouldn't rise as much.

I baked the bread bowls so they were done on the inside but not browned. I let them cool and scooped out the insides forming the bowl. I let them bake a few more minutes to firm them up but still not brown them.

The Insides

Italian sausage/ground beef, red spaghetti sauce

*Brown the meat and add it to the red sauce

Cottage cheese, one slightly beaten egg, motzerella cheese extra for garnishing
*mix all together, reserving some motz for topping the bowls later.

Noodles- Plan 1-2 per bowl depending on the size of your bowls.


Putting Them Together

Once the bread bowls were done firming, you can put them together!

I started with a little meat mixture on the bottom. Then I layered one noodles. I took one big one and cut it in half, but I used both halves side by side as one layer. Then I layered the cheese mixture and added noodles. Reapeating until the bowls were full. Then I topped with the extra motz cheese.

To bake them, I set the oven to 375. I tented the pan with tin foil, so the bread would warm up and not quite brown yet. I baked them for around 20 minutes or until everything, was melting and starting to warm up.

After about 20 minutes I took off the tin foil tent and let the cheese and the bowls brown.

I wanted to take a picture of them but they were simply to delicious to stop eating.

Happy Eating and as always Kiss your cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment