Hi Everyone! Welcome to my cooking blog. Take a recipe, and leave a comment! I love feedback about changes YOU have made to what I post!

Friday, August 27, 2010

My Famous Pizza Rolls.

So, last year sometime, I was at home and decided that I wanted pizza rolls, but alas, there were none in the freezer. After looking around, I realized I had all the stuff to make my own. So I did! The only problem is I am not sure of the quantities I use, since I normally make them in large quantities and freeze them. They freeze like a dream! Eat, Enjoy and don't forget to kiss the cook!

Pepperoni
Sausage (browned)
Black olives (chopped)
Green Peppers (finely chopped)
Cheese (shredded)
Pizza Sauce

Egg whites or water to seal the pizza rolls.
Oil for frying.
Egg Roll Wrappers for large pizza rolls, wonton wrappers for little pizza rolls.


I start by putting the pepperoni and the browned sausage into my food processer. I chop them until they are in smallish pieces, not to large and not to small. I put those in to a bowl.

Then I chop the green peppers and olives up and add them to the meat mixture. Don't chop the green peppers to fine otherwise they just turn in to mush and it makes the mixture really runny and you don't get to enjoy the flavor.

From there I add the cheese and just a little sauce. Enough to give the mixture some thickness but not make it too runny.

* I have also added onions to these. Mostly I took everything I liked on a pizza and made these pizza rolls.


To wrap them I added about 1/4 of a cup of the mixture to the egg roll wrapper, if you are making the mini versions with the wonton wrappers, I added a heaping table spoon to the wrapper.

Roll the egg roll wrapper like you would an egg roll, sealing the edge with either the egg white or the water.

With the wonton wrappers, I placed the tablespoon in the middle and folded it like a triangle. Sealing the edges again with either the egg whites or the water.

To fry them put about an inch or so of oil in the bottom on a wide edged pan, and fry until they are golden brown! Usually about a minute per side.!



*I have also made the Mexican style! I took a pound of ground beef, browned it, added an envelope of taco seasoning a little bit of cheese and fried it up! Then I served it with shredded lettuce, more cheese, sour cream, black olives and other assorted taco fixings!

2 comments:

  1. My tummy can vouch for these - they are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made my own tonight! Soooo good. Took about an hour from pulling out the food processor to sitting down to eat - not bad!

    We made 15 egg rolls, 12 (leftover) won ton wraps.
    1.5# ground beef (I had it pre-cooked)
    Half bag of pepperoni
    1 red pepper
    1 carton mushrooms
    1 onion
    2c cheese
    1 can pizza sauce

    Minced it all, mixed with sauce, and made 'em up. Delish!! Thanks for the recipe Melissa!

    ReplyDelete