Hi Everyone! Welcome to my cooking blog. Take a recipe, and leave a comment! I love feedback about changes YOU have made to what I post!

Friday, October 14, 2011

Ravioli.

Well, the recipie I used for the ravioli was a big hit with my dad and that is always a good sign! I thought I would pass it along so all of you could enjoy it too!


Pasta

2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
basil, marjoram, or sage. I used basil. Crushed of course.
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 beaten eggs
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon cooking/olive oil (I used olive oil)


1. In a large bowl, stir together 2 cups of flour, (spice if you want), and salt.Make a well in the center of the flour mix.

2. In a small bowl, combine eggs, water and oil. Add egg mix to flour mix.
stir to combine. *I used my kitchen aid mixer with the paddle attachment to combine.

3. When the dough is combined spread flour on a clean counter top. Knead the dough until it is smooth (between 8-10 minutes) Cover the dough and let it rest for 10 minutes.

4. Divide the dough in to 4 equal parts, roll each part in to a 12 inch square. ~1/16 of an inch thick. Let that stand for 20 minutes.

5. Once the dough has had a chance to rest cut it to the shape you desired.

To make the ravioli shapes, I took a biscuit cutter to make the circles. I rolled the circles out a little more since I also used a ravioli/potsticker press to form a tight seal once I added the filling.

Filling-

I used Kraft brand Italian Style 5 shredded cheese blend. Plus ricotta cheese to bind it all together. I put in a little more than 1/2 of the bag of cheese, and just enough ricotta together.

To fill the ravioli, I used roughly a table spoon of the filling per ravioli.


*This ravioli recipie makes enough ravioli to fill a 9x13 inch pan full. After the ravioli were in the bottom of the pan, I covered them in a red spaghetti sauce and covered the sauce with the remaining shredded cheese.

I had my dad bake the ravioli at 350 for 20-25 minutes. The cheese should be melted and the sauce should be warm and bubbling.

Enjoy and remember to always kiss the cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment